- An IASP member must sponsor each poster abstract.
- IASP members may sponsor up to two abstracts.
- An individual may join IASP to sponsor his or her own poster abstract. Join IASP today!
- Individuals must provide the sponsor’s IASP membership number during the submission process.
- An individual may be the first author on more than one poster abstract.
- Poster abstracts must describe original scientific material that has not been previously published or presented at other national or international meetings. IASP does not allow encore presentations. However, if a poster abstract was presented elsewhere only with preliminary results and complete results are now available, it may be submitted.
- Poster abstracts will be published and made available to all registered delegates in an electronic format.
- Applicants must complete the entire application for consideration.
Poster Abstract Guidelines
- Poster abstracts will be approved for presentation on the basis of quality and originality.
- Poster abstracts will be rejected if they do not adhere to the ethical principles for clinical (human) and animal research endorsed by IASP. Please review the guidelines for Pain Treatment Services, Use of Animals in Research, Ethical Guidelines for Pain Research in Humans, and Clinical Practice Guidelines in the Field of Pain at www.iasp-pain.org/guidelines.
- Poster abstracts must be submitted in English with accurate spelling and of a quality suitable for publication.
- Proprietary drug names may not be used when referring to pharmacological substances. Only generic names of drugs are acceptable.
- Tables or illustrations may not be included in abstracts but may appear on the poster if accepted for presentation
*Guideline Change* The abstract must be organized into at least four sections. The required four sections may be a maximum of 5000 characters combined. Punctuation and spaces count as characters. The title, author block, and disclosure block (affiliations) are not included in the abstract count. Abstracts must be organized into the following sections:
- Summary- this section is not required.
- Aim of Investigation
- Acknowledgments/Disclosures: If applicable, abstracts should include an acknowledgement section listing grant support (including grant number) and disclosure of any financial relationship the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work reported in the abstract. Items to include are:
- Research support
- Consultant to a company
- Speaker bureau participant
- Company employee
- Any other form of financial interest or support
- If a poster abstract is selected for presentation, the presenting author must register to attend the Congress. Presenting authors are responsible for all expenses related to attending the Congress, including but not limited to airfare, registration, accommodations, ground transportation, and meals. Poster authors may be eligible to apply for financial aid.
- An individual may present more than one poster at the Congress, so long as he or she is a listed author/presenter for each poster.