Poster Presenters: Don’t forget to pick up your posters onsite at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center Federal Express office located to the right of registration if you took advantage of IASP’s discounted arrangement for shipping and printing. Pickup is available during the following days and hours:
- Wednesday 9/12: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 9/13: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 9/14: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9/15: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday 9/16: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Each poster will display for one full day to allow Congress attendees sufficient time for viewing. Posters will be displayed Thursday through Sunday, from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, and there will be two dedicated poster discussion periods each day. IASP requires that presenting authors be present during scheduled time.
Even numbered posters: 9:30 – 10:30 am
Odd numbered posters: 3:15 – 4:15 pm (3:00 – 4:00 pm on Sunday Sep 16)
Poster presenters will be allowed into the Exhibition Hall/Poster Area at 8:00 am the day of their assigned poster session to arrange the poster on the poster board. Authors must remove their posters by 6:00 pm.
- Posters must be in English.
- Posters should be self-explanatory: presenters need to be available to supplement and discuss particular points that viewers may raise.
- Posters must cover the same material as reported in the abstract submission.
- Presenting authors must be present at their poster for the assigned discussion period.
- Poster authors may find it useful to have on hand printed copies of their poster, a tablet of sketch paper, and suitable drawing materials.
(Projection equipment, video monitors, and electrical outlets will not be provided in the poster session area.)
IASP has partnered with the FedEx Print office in the convention center to offer onsite printing and poster pickup. Presenters can submit a poster order online and pick it up at the Congress. Note this is a service offered by FedEx. IASP is not managing this process. All questions and concerns should be directed towards FedEx. View FedEx Ordering Website
For questions, call 617-954-2203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FedEx poster sizes – Pick 1
Deadline was August 30. Now extended to September 3.
||3 ft x 6 ft
||92 cm x 183 cm
||$ 91 USD
||4 ft x 6 ft
||122 cm x 183 cm
||4 ft x 8 ft
||122 cm x 244 cm
If printing your own poster, use thin durable poster paper or lightweight cardboard. (do not use heavy cardboard, which may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board). Posters will be affixed with Push Pins.
Formatting your Poster
Poster Board Size: (4ft h x 8ft w) or (48in h x 96in w) or (122cm h x 244cm w)
Your poster must not exceed poster board size. We suggest horizontal but if it needs to be vertical, the height should not exceed 4 ft. high.
Fonts and text
Your poster should be readable from a distance of 3-5 feet. Use Sans serif fonts (Arial, Calibri Verdana, Helvetica, etc.) for better viewing.
Suggested font sizes: may need to be adjusted depending on poster size.
- Title: 60pt
- Authors: 36pt
- Institution 28pt
- Headings: 36pt
- Abstract text: 24pt
- Table and image captions: 18pt
- Arrange materials in columns rather than rows. It is easier for viewers to scan a poster by moving systematically along it rather than by jumping back and forth. You should place an introduction at the upper left and a conclusion at the lower right, both in large typescript.
- Group logically consistent sections or columns of the poster on backgrounds of the same color.
- Prepare a label for the top of your poster noting the title, authors, affiliations, and assigned poster number (examples: PW 204 or PF 093). Lettering should be at least one inch (2.54 cm) high.
- Add “white space “around text columns and images. Too much text on a poster can be challenging to read.
- Use left-align text. Using justified text may create large gaps between words making the poster difficult to read
Keep in mind that illustrations will be viewed from a distance. You should indicate the sequence of illustrations with numbers or letters at least one inch (2.54 cm) high, preferably in bold lettering.
Each figure or table should have a heading of one or two lines in larger type stating its essential message. Provide detailed information in a legend in smaller type below,describing the content of the figures as well as the conclusions. Keep details of methodology brief and place them at the end of the legend. Charts, drawings, and illustrations may be similar to those used in slides. Please depict everything as clearly as possible.